I wish I could read minds. This superhero trait may cause trouble, I know, but it doesn't make me want it less. I really wish I could read minds.
I have an autistic student in my class this year. He's really his own island. For just a few minutes I'd like to know what he's thinking. I'd specifically pick recess, I want to read his mind during recess. Just a few minutes inside this child's head, to see what he's acting out, where his imagination is taking him, as he chants and shouts from atop the slide would make me immensely happy.
I would be selective in my mind reading. This wouldn't be like Mel Gibson in What Women Want when he hears all the thoughts of all women and in turn goes a little crazy. Technically I suppose I'd like to be able to switch this gift on and off.
Or maybe I'd just like to have the gift of persuasion. I could actually talk people into telling me what they think. Perhaps it wouldn't work on children, but if it would work on adults I'd appreciate it. Because when I ask what you're thinking it's because I want to know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment